- Intel servers smash records with 6 core ‘Dunnington’ Did you watch Pat Gelsinger's IDF kenote today?He announced that the new 6-core Intel Xeon processor for expandable servers will launch in September, and has already broken multiple world performance records - notably the first x86-based server to burst through the 1 million barrier in the industry- standard TPC Benchmark C benchmark which measures database performance. (more…)
MIDS Photo Shoot
Back home from Shanghai with Bronchitis and feeling pretty bad but I did want to share some low-res photos of the new mobile Internet devices we photographed while in Shanghai. As my colleague, Josh Bancroft, pointed out in his blog, “Bonus Video: My First Hands-On with a MID (Mobile Internet Device)”, access to these devices is limited. So we had...
- Codenamed Nehalem Meet Nahelm, Intel's next-generation 45nm microarchitecture . . ..From the Flickr IDF group. Also on channelintel, tagged, and in the blogosphere AnandTech RegHardware: Boots OSX?* TGDaily
- 10 years of IDF Just posted to channelintelHighlights from ten years of the Intel Developers Forum (IDF) featuring Gordon Moore, Andy Grove, and Paul Otellini
- Podcasting IDF Podtech is at IDF podcasting exclusive content including a candid interview with Intel CTO Justin Rattner and Otellini's Keynote.There's also Intel's Chip Chat and videos from channelintel on YouTube, like Investing for Big Impact & Spread of Web 2.0
- IDF Throngs Exiting Paul Otellini's keynoteFrom the Flickr IDF group.
- New technology spotted at IDF An incredible new technology: IBM's combination screw driver, level, and flashlightFrom the Flickr IDF group.
IDF San Fran Blogosphere
Textura Design is back with Intel at another IDF in San Francisco blogging blogging it up, checking the scene, and spotting UMPCs. UMPCs are a real focus in San Fran: being mobile and ubiquitous and we're looking for them, as well as anything from Apple.At IDF Beijing, we got to see a UMPC prototype and it'll be interesting to see...