Internet TV Applications will Change our Relationship with Television
Consumers talk about their television as many things: an object, a technology, a language, an addiction, an experience and most interestingly, as a relationship. The most striking observation about this relationship is what it is lacking: interaction.This lack of interactive activity leads many of us to multi-task, or "cheat" with other devices such as laptops and smart phones - while...
Online Communication Challenged No More!
Lets face it, unless you have the time to really follow the technology space closely, its likely you have been left behind on at least one of the more recent online communication tools. Keeping up on texting to IM to MySpace to Twitter can be overwhelming and even intimidating. As a parent, it can be even more so as there...
My personal Wi-Fi network — on display at IDF
Last Friday, in madness of last minute preparations for IDF this week, I took a break and headed to one of the mobility labs at our Hillsboro, Ore. campus. This particular lab is one where the mobile group is showcasing a very cool technology coming to laptops soon. It's codenamed "Cliffside." Other people have blogged about Cliffside in the past...
- Intel servers smash records with 6 core ‘Dunnington’ Did you watch Pat Gelsinger's IDF kenote today?He announced that the new 6-core Intel Xeon processor for expandable servers will launch in September, and has already broken multiple world performance records - notably the first x86-based server to burst through the 1 million barrier in the industry- standard TPC Benchmark C benchmark which measures database performance. (more…)
- An entirely different answer to the question “What’s Inside You?” (Closed Course, Professional Driver) (more…)
World Exclusive: I got to play with the Lenovo and Aigo Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs) at Intel Shanghai
This entry was originally posted by Josh Bancroft on the Intel Software Network blogs.There are only about 20 Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs) existent in the world. Most of them were in Shanghai last week for the Intel Developer Forum (IDF). 10 of them were in the Mobility Software Enabling Lab at Intel Shanghai, where I got special access today to...
- IDF Shanghai 2008: Small Form Factor Package A quick look at thin laptops from Lenovo, Toshiba, and the MacbookAir -- all use the Small Form Factor Package.
- A Wireless World Away from IDF…WiMAXing @ CTIA in Las Vegas If you’ve been reading all of the Intel blogs lately, you’d think nothing else was going on in the world outside of the Intel Developer Forum in Shanghai this week. But… there was. The CTIA Wireless show took over Las Vegas this week and there was a lot of buzz around WiMAX. (more…)
- VIDEO: Moorestown — The Heart of Future Mobile Internet Devices (more…)