- IDF Car Demonstrations! Here are some of the cool things we demonstrated at IDF in San Francisco!
Next Gen Infotainment at IDF
Many of you are undoubtedly aware of the Intel Developer Forum (IDF), which is taking place this week in San Francisco. Embedded technologies are taking center stage this IDF, and In-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems are a part of this show. Of note, we are not just showing the latest infotainment system capabilities, we are also giving an IVI system away...
- Telematics Detroit indicates growing excitement for Media in the car The Telematics show in Detroit this week was a great example of the growing excitement in the industry with respect to Media and Services in the car. Here are a few video clips from the show!
The In-Car Infotainment Revolution
Did you know that the average American spends more than 300 hours per year in their car? That’s equivalent to 7.5 work weeks stuck behind the wheel. Imagine now if a Car OEM or service provider could find a way to use that “captive” time of the consumer to both their, and the consumers benefit.The in-vehicle infotainment and telematics market...
- A Wireless World Away from IDF…WiMAXing @ CTIA in Las Vegas If you’ve been reading all of the Intel blogs lately, you’d think nothing else was going on in the world outside of the Intel Developer Forum in Shanghai this week. But… there was. The CTIA Wireless show took over Las Vegas this week and there was a lot of buzz around WiMAX. (more…)
- VideoBlog – Commodore Extreme Gaming PC’s Intel's Dan Snyder shows off some of the new Ninja gaming rigs from Commodore!
- WIMAX to save universe Well, not quite. But it will usher in a new era of always on, always connected internet goodness. I managed to get some time with Intel's Julie Coppernoll who took me on ride around Las Vegas in a WiMax enabled car. Julie has already written a blog about it, but I thought you would also like a video.
Gaming Innovations, China and the Intel PC/TV booth demo @ CES 2008
PC Gaming in China is huge. When I say huge, I am referring to a market that has more potential gamers than the USA & Europe combined. According to The Pearl Research study Games Market/Games Development in China 2007, there are almost 48 million gamers in China playing online PC games. The same study claims that an estimated $2 Billion...
BMW and Intel burn rubber together
I wandered down the BMW/Intel F1 pit lane yesterday to see some big engine action. Sheesh that car is loud - they issue you with ear plugs on the way in. All the car's systems are controlled by an Intel Centrino laptop - surely the perfect marriage for any geek: an insanley powerful and massive super tuned engine and super...