IT transformation must be considered in a holistic way. It is an ongoing process and one that should start by identifying desired business objectives and outcomes. The real value of transformation is in what technology enables.
Blending traditional and digital business models requires a new approach. Digitally transformed businesses are winning by combining business outcomes with digital strategies made possible by modern IT infrastructure.
Where do your customers stand in their level of preparedness for today’s rapidly disruptive business model? Research indicates that nearly two-thirds of C-level executives believe that their organizations are lagging in their digital transformation.
Successful IT Transformation
At the core of this transformation is the requirement for modern technology. The fact is that outdated IT can put your customers at a disadvantage. Outdated infrastructures can result in a 6x slower rate of innovation and time-to-market.
Intel® views IT transformation via five interrelated principles:
- Hybrid Cloud – 40% of enterprises are already leveraging the benefits of public/private cloud and 60% are either testing or planning to deploy within two years. That means more than half of enterprise organizations are viable candidates for solution providers with hybrid cloud expertise.
- Virtualized Network – It is estimated that enterprise IP traffic with explode 3x in the next three years. The network is often overlooked. However, it is the backbone that connects all parts of the business. Herein lies a greenfield opportunity for many technology providers.
- Future-Ready Storage – The data deluge is more than a storage issue, it is a data access black hole. While the volumes of data that are being generated are exploding, less than one percent of data is ever analyzed and used. What insights are buried in that unmanaged, unused data? If properly positioned for use, that data can provide intelligence to the business.
- Analytics and AI Strategy – More and more organizations are harnessing analytics and artificial intelligence to make faster business decisions. Analytics and AI can be implemented on existing Intel® Xeon®-based platforms today and eventually scale as needed. This ushers in the ability to add value immediately and build upon it as your customers will inevitably want more.
- Multi-Layered Security – Cybersecurity is not a solution so much as it is a way of life. Set it and forget is never the right strategy. And while organizations are keenly aware of the serious ramifications of a poor security posture, as many as 63% are deploying advanced technologies without the proper data security in place. If security is not part of your portfolio, consider it. If it is, use it to your strategic advantage.