World Wide Technology (WWT) has developed an FPGA “Center of Excellence” within its immense Advanced Technology Center (ATC) to provide its customers with a one-stop resource for exploring the performance benefits of FPGA acceleration based on the Intel® Acceleration Stack for Intel Xeon® CPU with FPGAs. The ATC creates a collaborative ecosystem that enables customers and partners to collaborate and to design, construct, demonstrate, and deploy integrated architectural solutions based on a number of hardware and software technologies. The ATC includes three data centers with more than 300 racks of equipment that can be used to build solutions for big data, collaboration, computing and cloud, mobility, networking, security, and storage challenges.
WWT’s FPGA Center of Excellence within the ATC currently features demonstrations of seven market-ready FPGA solutions that integrate software applications and FPGA-accelerated hardware. The seven demonstrations include a broad range of applications and workloads from different vendors including:
- rENIAC: A Cassandra-based NoSQL database management system based on a distributed data engine that’s designed to handle very large amounts of data.
- Swarm64: An FPGA-accelerated, PostgreSQL relational database for enterprise data analytics that can handle queries as much as 50X faster than non-accelerated versions.
- Falcon Computing: Genomic analysis using an FPGA-accelerated version of the Broad Institute’s Genome Analysis Toolkit (GATK) that delivers 15X the performance of the non-accelerated version.
- CT-Accel: A high-performance, FPGA-accelerated image processor that encodes, decodes, resizes, and crops JPEG, WebP, and Lepton images with as much as a 4X performance improvement.
- Megh Computing: FPGA-accelerated, real-time analytics on streaming big data that reduces latency by as much as 10X.
- Levyx: FPGA-accelerated, low-latency, I/O-intensive Black Scholes financial modeling that reduces data latency by as much as 10X or more.
- Napatech: High-speed network accelerators for a number of cybersecurity applications, with performance improvements currently ranging from 3X to 7X.
If you are interested in accessing the powerful FPGA-accelerated tools in WWT’s ACT, click here.
Legal Notice and Disclaimers
Intel technologies’ features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Performance varies depending on system configuration. No product or component can be absolutely secure. Check with your system manufacturer or retailer or learn more at intel.com.
Cost reduction scenarios described are intended as examples of how a given Intel- based product, in the specified circumstances and configurations, may affect future costs and provide cost savings. Circumstances will vary. Intel does not guarantee any costs or cost reduction.
Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Xeon, Intel Arria, and Intel eASIC are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
© Intel Corporation