Today, Intel launched the 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor, which delivers an average 46% performance improvement on popular data center workloads.1 The 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors incorporate built-in AI acceleration with Intel® DL Boost technology, Intel® Crypto Acceleration, and advanced security capabilities to protect data and application code with Intel® Software Guard Extensions (SGX). Intel has shipped more than 200,000 units of the 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processor for revenue in the first quarter of 2021 with broad industry adoption across all market segments.
As part of the numerous portfolio announcements associated with today’s launch, Intel also disclosed some breakthrough FPGA news: Intel® Agilex™ FPGAs now deliver industry-leading power efficiency and performance including:
- 50% higher video IP performance compared to competing 7nm FPGAs*
- Approximately 2X better fabric performance per watt compared to competing 7nm FPGAs enabling flexible, energy-efficient designs for the data center and beyond*
- Intel Agilex FPGAs average 45% faster performance in Data Center, Network, and Edge applications*
- Up to 49% faster fabric performance compared to prior generation FPGA for high-speed 5G fronthaul gateway applications*
The Intel Agilex FPGA family combines the power of Intel’s 10 nm SuperFin process technology, 3D heterogeneous system-in-package (SiP) integration with Intel’s proprietary Embedded Multi-Die Interconnect Bridge (EMIB), and an innovative chiplet-based architecture to deliver customized connectivity and acceleration for a variety of applications. The new architecture allows the FPGA fabric to be stitched together with purpose-built tiles, such as transceivers, processor interfaces, optimized I/O, custom computing, Intel® eASIC™ structured ASICs, and many other functions to create application solutions that are uniquely customized and optimized.
Like the the 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processor, Intel Agilex FPGAs are currently in production and shipping in volume.
- For more information about this announcement and about Intel Agilex FPGAs, click here.
- To watch a brief video about this breakthrough FPGA news, click here.
- To download the Intel Agilex FPGA product brief, click here.
- To read the new White Paper titled “Intel® Agilex™ FPGAs Deliver a Game-Changing Combination of Flexibility and Agility for the Data-Centric World,” click on the link.
Notices and Disclaimers
*Performance varies by use, configuration, and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.
1See  at www.intel.com/3gen-xeon-config. Results may vary.
Performance results are based on testing as of dates shown in configurations and may not reflect all publicly available updates. See backup for configuration details.
No product or component can be absolutely secure.
Your costs and results may vary.
Intel technologies may require enabled hardware, software or service activation.
© Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.