The future growth in the Pro A/V market is fuelled by new applications which are becoming more prevalent in our everyday lives in areas such as digital display media, unified communications, visual retail and devices connected to the Internet of Things. These new applications, combined with demands for higher resolution video in enterprises, is putting pressure on solution providers to maintain the existing infrastructure while enhancing quality + reliability and adding new features.
With the introduction of new 8K UHD TV products supporting the HDMI 2.1 protocol demonstrated at CES 2019 and the first major event to be broadcast in 8K (2020 Tokyo Olympics) getting closer, the foundation for solutions using 8K and beyond are starting to arrive.
Product differentiation with standardized off-the-shelf products is imperative and enabled with Intel® FPGA-based solutions offering quick customization by leveraging high performing cores and high speed flexible transceivers to upgrade to the latest trends in technology. Intel® FPGAs, combined with its modular IP architecture and pre-canned IP solutions, enables developers to quickly intersect new technologies and accommodate the latest requirements, such as:
• New video connectivity standards
• 8K & higher resolutions
• HDR & better color
• High quality, low latency video compression
• Virtualizing video (Video over IP) a new IT paradigm
Come visit us at the Intel® booth 8-C272 to discover how our comprehensive video roadmap for Intel FPGAs, leveraging the wider Intel solution portfolio, is leading the way for future integrated systems with:
1. NEW – Intel® FPGA HDMI 2.1 IP allowing 8K uncompressed video input and output with HDCP 2.3/1.4 and display screen compression (DSC)
2. Intel® FPGA VIP II with a full set of productized 8k60 Video and Image Processing functions ready to be integrated with HDMI 2.1, DP 1.4, 12G SDI and other connectivity standards.
3. Intel® Stratix® 10 FPGAs which brings the next level of performance needed for 8k60 processing and beyond
4. State of the art Video Analytics solutions in Intel® FPGA with OpenVINOTM and Vision Accelerator Design Products
5. Customer/partner solutions for retail, digital signage (ODM solutions) and Interactive White Board (including Interactive Touch and Display Modules (ITDM))
Also, during ISE, stop by booth 2-C20 to see how one of our valued partners, Crestron, is using Intel’s FPGA-based Video Solutions to enable their successful DM NVX™ system.
All-new Pixel Perfect Processing technology makes DM NVX™ the only AV solution that delivers a perfect image every time. DM NVX is so responsive to the touch on a mouse, keyboard, camera, smart board that it feels like an extension of you. DM NVX provides synchronized life experiences so every live event on every device is synced in real time. DM NVX works with 100% of all existing networks, is built to the strictest guidelines to ensure network security and utilizes partners with best in breed technology; Intel® FPGAs products for low latency and real-time video processing. – Fred Bargetzi, Crestron CTO
“The [DM] NVX™ system has zero latency in its video distribution, and its critical when you’re betting on sports. If a game goes down for even a few seconds, that can have major money implications. Having something that is secure, and that works is huge for us.” – Joe Ness, Executive Director of Entertainment, Electronics, and Media+ Chris Scott, Assistant Director of Technical Operations from Peppermill Resort Hotel.
For more information, go to: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/broadcast/products/programmable/overview.html