- Why I Support the Equality Act
- By Marissa Du Bois, Intel From an early age, I was acutely aware of my gender dysphoria but didn’t know how to talk to my parents about my gender. For my entire childhood, I was coerced into expressing my gender as masculine and forced to repress my mannerisms and preferred grooming habits. This left me...
- Intel’s Commitment to U.S. Innovation and Supply Chain Security
- By Jeff Rittener, Chief Government Affairs Officer for Intel Jeff Rittener, Chief Government Affairs Officer, Intel Today, as part of an IDM 2.0 vision set forth by our CEO Pat Gelsinger, Intel announced plans to build two new state of the art semiconductor facilities in Arizona, at our Ocotillo campus. This represents a new investment...
- Intel investing to restore 46 million gallons of water in Costa Rica
- This is the first project funded in Latin America as part of Intel’s 2030 RISE goal to achieve net positive water by 2030. The project will protect the forest for a period of 10 years to avoid degradation, enabling the restoration of approximately 46 million gallons of water per year. Intel Corporation will provide the...
- Why Stopping the Hate Matters to Me
- William Moss, Director of Reputation Communications, Intel The killing of eight people, including six Asian women, in Atlanta this week, is a sad capstone to a year of growing violence against Asian Americans and Asian people living in America. While the violence in Atlanta is drawing attention to the longer-term problems of racism against Asians...
- Employee Experience (EX): The New Technology Benchmark
- New research from Forrester Consulting reveals that IT administrators are relying more and more on a new metric for measuring the impact of technology policies and investments. It’s called Employee Experience (EX), and optimizing it is proving to be a very valuable goal that pays multiple dividends. David K. Johnson, principal analyst at Forrester, discusses...
- Working together against online sexual abuse: How technology can help
- By Ed Dixon, Data Scientist at Intel Ed Dixon, Intel As Intel joins the WePROTECT Global Alliance, Data Scientist Ed Dixon reflects on the need for industry, civil society and governments to work together to tackle this urgent and borderless crime. Child sexual abuse online is a difficult problem in many ways. It can be...
- Domestic Manufacturing Investment is Foundation of Economic and National Security
- By George Davis, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Intel’s newest, leading-edge manufacturing facility is Fab 42 in Ocotillo, Arizona. Fab 42 connects to three other Intel fabrication plants, making the site Intel’s first mega-factory network. It manufactures our newest generation of leadership products that will power hundreds of millions of computing devices worldwide....
- What 2020 taught us about Supply Chains…and why it matters!
- The pandemic has cast a spotlight on the critical importance of a resilient and flexible supply chain. IT distributors have a vital role to play in keeping the supply chains for the world's information systems running efficiently.
- It’s been 1 Year TODAY – What’s Next?
- It's been a year since the world was drastically changed by COVID-19. While some of the changes will become ingrained, others will start to shift back to a state of balance. As the economic reopens, key technologies will be critical to recovery and future success.
- IT Leaders Improve Security by Moving from Remote-Lite to Remote-Right Strategies
- By Maribel Lopez | Commissioned by Intel Nearly overnight, distributed work became a reality for most organizations. Today, over 85 percent of the companies Lopez Research surveyed in its 2020 Enterprise IT benchmark selected yes when asked if their companies will continue to offer distributed and remote work options in 2021. At this time, many...
- One Simple Step Can Help Minimize an Overlooked Security Threat
- By Maribel Lopez | Commissioned by Intel Security attacks are increasing in number and sophistication. According to the Ponemon Institute’s latest report, despite security professionals’ best efforts, data breaches increased 130 percent from 2006 to 2019. The report found the average cost of a data breach reached USD 8.19M in the US and USD 3.9M average globally...
- The Data is Clear: We need bipartisan support for the Justice in Policing Act
- By Natasha Martell Jackson, Social Equity Program Office at Intel Natasha Martell Jackson At Intel, we acknowledge that what happens outside of Intel affects our employees inside the company as well. I’ve been an Intel employee for more than 20 years and held many roles throughout my career. My most important role, however, is a...
- Autonomous Vehicles and “Vision Zero” at The Future of Transport Conference 2021
- By Pierre-Olivier Millette, Associate Director, Automated Driving Technical Policy, Intel In July 2020, Mobileye announced that Germany’s independent technical service provider, TÜV Süd, had awarded it an automated vehicle testing permit. It allows the company to drive its test vehicles in real-world traffic on all German roads at speeds up to 130 kilometers per hour....
- Driving Racial Equity and Equality in the Workplace and Beyond
- By: Rhonda Foxx, Head of Social Equity Policy & Engagement Guest Voices: Werner Schaefer, Intel’s VP/GM of Network Platforms & Communications Service Provider Sales and LaTanya Flix, Greater Houston Partnership’s Senior Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Last year, Intel declared that standing on the sidelines in the fight against inequality was not an...
- Rep. Robin Kelly: A Leading Voice on AI Policy in Congress
- By Cisco Minthorn, Senior Director of Government Relations & Senior Counsel at Intel Last year, Rep. Robin Kelly (D-IL) and former Rep. Will Hurd (R-TX) introduced a resolution calling for the creation of a National Artificial Intelligence (AI) Strategy, based on four studies conducted in partnership with the Bipartisan Policy Center on the role of...