- Employee Experience (EX): The New Technology Benchmark
- New research from Forrester Consulting reveals that IT administrators are relying more and more on a new metric for measuring the impact of technology policies and investments. It’s called Employee Experience (EX), and optimizing it is proving to be a very valuable goal that pays multiple dividends. David K. Johnson, principal analyst at Forrester, discusses...
- Working together against online sexual abuse: How technology can help
- By Ed Dixon, Data Scientist at Intel Ed Dixon, Intel As Intel joins the WePROTECT Global Alliance, Data Scientist Ed Dixon reflects on the need for industry, civil society and governments to work together to tackle this urgent and borderless crime. Child sexual abuse online is a difficult problem in many ways. It can be...
- Domestic Manufacturing Investment is Foundation of Economic and National Security
- By George Davis, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Intel’s newest, leading-edge manufacturing facility is Fab 42 in Ocotillo, Arizona. Fab 42 connects to three other Intel fabrication plants, making the site Intel’s first mega-factory network. It manufactures our newest generation of leadership products that will power hundreds of millions of computing devices worldwide....
- What 2020 taught us about Supply Chains…and why it matters!
- The pandemic has cast a spotlight on the critical importance of a resilient and flexible supply chain. IT distributors have a vital role to play in keeping the supply chains for the world's information systems running efficiently.
- It’s been 1 Year TODAY – What’s Next?
- It's been a year since the world was drastically changed by COVID-19. While some of the changes will become ingrained, others will start to shift back to a state of balance. As the economic reopens, key technologies will be critical to recovery and future success.
- IT Leaders Improve Security by Moving from Remote-Lite to Remote-Right Strategies
- By Maribel Lopez | Commissioned by Intel Nearly overnight, distributed work became a reality for most organizations. Today, over 85 percent of the companies Lopez Research surveyed in its 2020 Enterprise IT benchmark selected yes when asked if their companies will continue to offer distributed and remote work options in 2021. At this time, many...
- One Simple Step Can Help Minimize an Overlooked Security Threat
- By Maribel Lopez | Commissioned by Intel Security attacks are increasing in number and sophistication. According to the Ponemon Institute’s latest report, despite security professionals’ best efforts, data breaches increased 130 percent from 2006 to 2019. The report found the average cost of a data breach reached USD 8.19M in the US and USD 3.9M average globally...
- The Data is Clear: We need bipartisan support for the Justice in Policing Act
- By Natasha Martell Jackson, Social Equity Program Office at Intel Natasha Martell Jackson At Intel, we acknowledge that what happens outside of Intel affects our employees inside the company as well. I’ve been an Intel employee for more than 20 years and held many roles throughout my career. My most important role, however, is a...
- Wi-Fi and 5G: Synergistic Technologies for Emerging Applications
- I recently had the privilege of participating in RCR Wireless’ “Well, Technically …” podcast, where women technical leaders in the wireless industry discuss our industry’s most pressing issues. I thoroughly enjoyed the interview and would recommend listening to the series on a regular basis, as the content is often compelling and the guests always present...
- Autonomous Vehicles and “Vision Zero” at The Future of Transport Conference 2021
- By Pierre-Olivier Millette, Associate Director, Automated Driving Technical Policy, Intel In July 2020, Mobileye announced that Germany’s independent technical service provider, TÜV Süd, had awarded it an automated vehicle testing permit. It allows the company to drive its test vehicles in real-world traffic on all German roads at speeds up to 130 kilometers per hour....
- Driving Racial Equity and Equality in the Workplace and Beyond
- By: Rhonda Foxx, Head of Social Equity Policy & Engagement Guest Voices: Werner Schaefer, Intel’s VP/GM of Network Platforms & Communications Service Provider Sales and LaTanya Flix, Greater Houston Partnership’s Senior Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Last year, Intel declared that standing on the sidelines in the fight against inequality was not an...
- IPAS: Intel 2020 Product Security Report
- Hello! Today we are excited to announce the availability of the Intel 2020 Product Security Report. With a global pandemic, 2020 certainly was a challenging year, but how do you say our thoughts are with those who have been impacted when literally everyone has been impacted? Yet, as we have seen time and again, bad...
- Rep. Robin Kelly: A Leading Voice on AI Policy in Congress
- By Cisco Minthorn, Senior Director of Government Relations & Senior Counsel at Intel Last year, Rep. Robin Kelly (D-IL) and former Rep. Will Hurd (R-TX) introduced a resolution calling for the creation of a National Artificial Intelligence (AI) Strategy, based on four studies conducted in partnership with the Bipartisan Policy Center on the role of...
- INTEL SUPPORTS BIDEN ADMINISTRATION ORDER ON SUPPLY CHAINS
- Intel’s newest, leading-edge manufacturing facility is Fab 42 in Ocotillo, Arizona. Fab 42 connects to three other Intel fabrication plants, making the site Intel’s first mega-factory network. It manufactures our newest generation of leadership products that will power hundreds of millions of computing devices worldwide. (Credit: Intel Corporation) By Jeff Rittener, Chief Government Affairs Officer...
- How Google DeepMind Turns AI Research into Application
- Founded just over a decade ago (making it one of the oldest artificial intelligence firms) DeepMind cut its teeth teaching machines to master early video games—not so machines could displace humans in the arcades, but because they offered ready-made testbeds for applying artificial intelligence to the problem of learning policies. While we often talk about...