- Reaching Out to the Next Generation of Women Engineers
- February 21 is Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day*, an initiative led by the DiscoverE organization that hopes to show young women how engineers are making the world a better place and encourage them to explore this exciting and rewarding career. This cause is near and dear to my heart because I myself was one...
- The Future of Retail: See Streamlined and Personalized Smart Retail Experiences at MWC
- When you’re running late to a friend’s dinner party, exhausted on your way home from work, or juggling a stroller and a massive to-do list, the last thing you want is to face the lines at the local supermarket. And for business owners, these consumer frustrations have real impacts on their bottom line. Smart retail...
- Exploring Term Set Expansion with NLP Architect
- Natural language processing (NLP) is an exciting field within artificial intelligence (AI) that seeks to process and analyze large volumes of human language data, essentially helping machines to better understand what we’re saying. From search engines to voice-command applications like Siri*, Alexa*, and Google Voice*, modern NLP requires state-of-the-art deep learning in order to make...
- AI Ethics Toolkits
- In previous blog posts, we discussed the presence of AI for social good and AI ethics at NeurIPS 2018 and alluded to a growing set of AI ethics definitions, metrics, and tools from companies, organizations, research institutions, and governments. In this post, we dive more into these tools and when you might use them. A...
- Intel’s Connected Care: The Model to Improving Patient Experience and Lowering Healthcare Costs
- By Lisa Malloy, Head of U.S. Government Affairs and Mario Romao, Director of Health and Data Policy at Intel Providing access to high quality healthcare while keeping costs under control is a challenge for many large businesses. Intel, which employs about 50,000 people in the US, has taken major steps to ensure that employees and...
- 5 Ways AI Is Solving Healthcare’s Big Problems Right Now
- As the global strategist for Intel’s Health and Life Sciences group, staying current with the latest trends in science and technology is expected. For me, though, it’s more than that. It’s the difference between life and death. I have no choice; I have advanced cancer and I have to fight this differently—with data. Why data?...
- Visual Data: Pack Rat to Explorer
- In recent years, I’ve had the opportunity to visit several Hollywood studios and production houses. I’ve been very impressed by their ability to manage the thousands of media assets generated during the making of a film or TV show. Keeping track of all of the valuable shots, takes, audio tracks, and edited clips distributed among...
- Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 for Medical Imaging
- Intel has been an integral part of hospital technology for almost 50 years. From desktop computers to MRI scanners, diagnostic monitors, and even portable X-Ray machines, we have been at the forefront of healthcare transformation. So it makes sense that we’ve been an early collaborator with major healthcare centers and medical device manufacturers to help...
- Next-Generation Infrastructure Management from Ericsson and Intel Helps Propel the 5G Era
- Ericsson and Intel are partnering on a next-generation infrastructure management platform optimized to manage a 5G network’s server resources. The post Next-Generation Infrastructure Management from Ericsson and Intel Helps Propel the 5G Era appeared first on IT Peer Network.
- What New US Export Controls Await in 2019?
- By Jeff Rittener, Vice President, Global Trade and Clifton Roberts, Director, Cloud Policy Jeff Rittener, Vice President, Global Trade Growth in emerging tech and increased national security checks made 2018 a year of policy-related activities regarding new export controls for certain new technologies, including artificial intelligence (AI). First, on August 13, 2018, the Export Control Reform Act...
- Blockchain Matures with New Intel® Select Solution
- Blockchain is maturing in the technology adoption cycle, as the underlying concept of a secure, distributed ledger for people and businesses to share and verify information gains broad industry support. Although still in its early stages, the most advanced technology companies have been exploring blockchain use cases for years. Gartner has noted some areas that...
- Montefiore Health System Uses Artificial Intelligence to Deliver High Accuracy Spinal Cancer Detection
- For the thousands of Americans diagnosed with spinal cancer each year, early and accurate identification of the disease is an important step towards improving care, life expectancy and quality of life. Identifying patients with spinal cancer is an important step in clinical decision making, care coordination, risk management, and the overall life-expectancy and quality of...
- Intel AI for Healthcare Solutions Featured at HIMSS 2019
- Over the last year we’ve seen artificial intelligence (AI) solutions evolve across the healthcare ecosystem. Discussions and demonstrations at last November’s RSNA conference showed AI in radiology had reached a tipping point, moving from vision to reality. At this week’s HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) conference, attendees will see AI move deeper into...
- Data: The Fuel Powering AI & Digital Transformation
- Having access to vast amounts of data isn't enough, companies need to understand and use that data to power their digital transformation. The post Data: The Fuel Powering AI & Digital Transformation appeared first on IT Peer Network.
- Brush Up Your Knowledge, Expand Your Skills With Intel Channel Training
- Whether you resolved to learn a skill or expand your business in the New Year, Intel® Channel Training can help. Technology is advancing at a dizzying pace. It is both exciting and challenging as a technology provider. With total transparency and virtually unlimited access to information, your customers are informed. That means you must not...