Here’s the goods from the CES 2008 opening keynote. CES CEO Gary Shapiro gave the show introduction, which included the huge laundry list of glamorous presenters and attendees (Ford, Disney, Yahoo, Panasonic, Samsung, Paramount, so on and so forth). But the hoopla was around Bill’s retirement from Microsoft, and the end of a 11 year keynote run at CES. Enter Bill.
You can find a ton of full details around Bill’s keynote on the web, so I’ve broken down some of my highlights from the speech.
– Bill’s opening video includes a star studded cast around Bill’s retirement theme (Bono, Jay-Z, Spielberg, Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, Clooney, just to name a few)
– The interface to the PC is changing (touch, speech, gesture, and Wii remotes will kill the keyboard)
– ABC, Disney, and MGM sign up for content delivery across MS media lines (Sorry Apple, looks like you have to get your Lost episodes from MS)
– Bill demos an MID the size of a VHS player
– Guitar Hero World Champion and guitarist Slash rock onstage with their sweater clad hosts (Don’t know why, but both Rob Bach and Bill happend to be wearing the same sweater combo, I figured they would have coordinated different outfits in the green room)
Sorry boys and gals, no blue screens this year…….