Intel® Cloud Team’s Justin Vanburen, Lawrence Chiu, Robin Drummond, and Marc Almgren hosted the discussion about From Traditional IT to Private Cloud.
Here are highlights from that chat:
(1) Intel® Cloud Overview Resources:
- Video Introduction to Intel® Cloud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gfP79QJzpk
- A Summary of Intel Cloud Solutions: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/cloud-computing/intel-cloud-based-solutions.html
- Paper on PaaS implementation: http://intel.ly/1nLDtQ9
- Cloud Platform Video: http://intel.ly/1iKgOaK
- Cloud Design for Intel® Platforms Article: http://intel.ly/1qyAChx
- Gartner Pace Model: http://bit.ly/1aZB2K4
- AWS Example: www.intelcloudfinder.com
- Intel® Cloud Technology Video: http://intel.ly/1iKgOaK
- Compliance in Key Verticals: http://bit.ly/1nM6JXc
(2) Public vs. Private Cloud:
- @mn3umonic (Lawrence Chiu): Both public and private can be great. often times, with customers I work with, it comes down to workload.
- Robin Drummond: Intel works with various Private Cloud service / technology providers, Microsoft, VMware, OpenStack players, etc.
- Jay Survil: Question I get a lot from clients is about moving what types of workloads to pub clouds – ok with NonProd but still concerned about Prod
- @Molacc: Private cloud is preffered by enterprise customers but mostly hybrid.
- @Johnkrikke: SMBs will use more public cloud than private
- @Ben_RFID: How does the spread look at this time between: public, private and hybrid clouds?
- @mn3umonic (Lawrence Chiu): @Ben we see entering ’15, varying by geo internal, on premium, non-cloud digital -41 percent. internal, onprem, private cloud based infrastructure ~31%
- Private vs. Public Cloud Article: http://t.co/xye45ckS1H
- Private v. Public Cloud Article: http://dld.bz/ds9pQ
- Private Cloud IaaS guide: http://intel.ly/1va8RvR
- Hybrid Cloud Services: http://bit.ly/1jY8kMR
- Intel® Hybrid Cloud: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/cloud-computing/hybrid-cloud-cmpg.html
(3) Cloud Security:
- @Molacc: Security is big part of cloud. Most cloud providers and customers are big on security including Microsoft Azure.
- @QCtechGuru4Hire: Can these ‘Clouds’ be secure?
- @Gtseaman: @QCtechGuru4Hire Absolutely clouds can be secure. But it is a partnership with IaaS and there Application. Takes two to tango
- VMware on Cloud Security & Compliance: http://www.vmware.com/cloud-security-compliance/protect-critical-applications
- Video on Cloud Security: http://bit.ly/1wBOGcR
- McAfee solutions for end-to-end Cloud security: http://tinyurl.com/mewj63z
- Focus on Security for All Clouds: http://intel.ly/1pC0uq3
- Data Encryption: http://intel.ly/1rGl4JN
Thanks to the 175-plus Intel Technology Providers who participated in the series. I hope you found these chat series resourceful. And congrats to those who won a Dell Venue 8 Pro* Windows Tablets.