Intel® Technology Provider held another #TabletTuesday chat on June 10.
Ven Tenjarla, Dell* Channel Marketing Manager, hosted an engaging discussion on Winning With Dell* Mobility.
Here’s a recap from the #TabletTuesday chat on June 10:
(1) Chat Links and Resources:
- Habit Burger Case Study Video:
- Tablet Comparison Chart: http://www.dell.com/partner/tablets
- Spec sheets for Dell Venue 11 Pro* Tablet: http://partnerdirect.dell.com/sites/channel/Documents/Dell-Venue-11-Pro-Tablet-Spec-Sheet.pdf
- Dell Venue 8 Pro* Tablet: http://partnerdirect.dell.com/sites/channel/Documents/Dell-Venue-8-Pro-Tablet-Spec-Sheet.pdf
- Dell Data Protection – security solution: http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/19/campaigns/dell-data-protection-solutions
- Connect with an Intel rep online: http://advisors.intel.com/
(2) Dell* Tablet overview:
- Mayura Garg: Ven- could you start us off with a quick rundown on Dell’s tablet offering
- Ven Tenjarla: Mayura, we offer Tablets for commercial users, with Venue 11 Pro and Venue 8 Pro with Win 8.1 OS. We also offer consumer tablets – Venue 7 and Venue 8 tablets with Android OS. Typically, commercial products are more durable, longer life cycles and on-site support.
- Drew Peterson: Ven, in what verticals are you seeing the most traction with tablets?
- Ven Tenjarla: Drew – I am seeing lot of interest in retail, education and healthcare
- Drew Peterson: Application compatibility is a great selling point for Dell/Windows tablets
- ChrisClai: @Ven Tenjarla – How committed is dell to the mobile / tablet space? I know we had a stint of tablets years ago, but is this for good now?
- Ven Tenjarla: @ChrisClai Tablets are growing at triple digits and there we are fully focused on this
- ChrisClai: I am seeing demand in the Enterprise for something that is seamless. … Seamless meaning it works for what they need to do without much compromise. … Having a Tablet opens up a great convo with customers and encourages sales and adoption as well… Explaining the benefits is one thing. Showing in person, is another. I have some customers ready to buy…They just need to see the real world application.
(3) Android and Windows:
- @XDAGarwynn: The Dell Venue 8 Pro I hear is the best 8′ tablet around – only the Iconia W3 I have heard even comes close. Any chance there might be something between the 8 and 11 offerings in the works?
- Ven Tenjarla: @XDA we do have other screen sizes for consumers with Android
- J Balmer: Most of my customer tabs are Android, using some tabs w/ 8.1 & all laotops are 8.1
- Harry Greene: I have had a great deal of people ask about Android Tablets
- JonathanJow: However some clients need tablets that work seamlessly with their current ecosystem (aka Microsoft environment) so the Win8 tablets fit.
- Craig Nickel: A lot of the private schools are using iPads. Tough market to crack with a Windows or Droid model
- Ven Tenjarla: @Craig folks who understand Windows ecosystem are replacing iPads with Dell – schools have funding but they are not allowed to hire admins… so iOS will be another OS to support.
Don’t miss our last #TabletTuesday chat on June 17, 1 p.m. EDT/ 10 a.m. PDT as Christopher Maylor, Director: Intel® Mobile Ecosystem Marketing and Kelsey Witherow, Intel® Product Marketing Engineer for Business Tablets discuss Business Apps for Intel-based Android Tablets.
RSVP and participate to earn 5 training credits and for a chance to win a one of two Dell Venue 8 Pro* Windows Tablets.
Chat with you soon!