Intel® Technology Provider hosted another excellent #TabletTuesday chat on May 13.
Scott Rehling, Motion Computing Senior Channel Manager, lead the conversation about Mobile Point of Care: Tablets for Healthcare.
Here are highlights from the conversation:
(1) Tablet Customization for Healthcare:
- Carkeekc: How do you prevent infection from passing via the tablets?
- Scott Rehling: @carkeekc- Our tablets are sealed so they can be wiped down for infection prevention. We also offer a docking station that disinfects with UV.
- John Van Hecke: Do you have any standards that concern minimizing gaps and ledges that could potentially harbor bacteria growth on the tablets?
- Scott Rehling: @John, yes we do. If you look at our tablets, there are no exposed ports and rounded edges everywhere.
- Gary Swinn: Has anyone done a study on the preferred size of a tablet in Medical?
- Scott Rehling: @Gary- size depends on the user. Docs want larger, nurses and mobile workers want 10.4
- Gary Swinn: That is what I thought, with that in Mind what is the Largest Tablet Screen available for Doctors?
- Scott Rehling: The largest tablet in a rugged windows based form factor is 12.5′
(2) Healthcare Tablet Environments:
- Elizabeth Flynn: How do the tablets stack up in the telemedicine space? I have a huge need at the moment.
- Scott Rehling: @Elizabeth can you describe your usage model?
- Elizabeth Flynn: I have a hospital in a remote part of Texas that wants to expand into the telemedicine space. They would take tablets to patients’ homes. Web conference / video conference to the doctor – we would need high resolution photos.
- Scott Rehling: @Elizabeth- our solutions would be ideal. Ultra mobile, vehicle docks, WWAN capability, a high quality documentation camera built in it … Plus a built in handle for convenient carrying in and out of homes.
- Brent Greener: We use Motion tablets in applications from dairies to doctors. The bluenote-communicator works great in doctors’ offices for tracking patients.
- @SunKwok: I keep seeing my docs (general practitioners, eye docs) carry around regular notebooks instead of motion systems. I have mentioned the Motion systems several times but they seem to like the regular notebooks for some reason. It may be cost and familiarity.
- Rhonda Ford-Gares: My clients work outside of the office seeing patients in areas without WiFi. Any tablets with cellular broadband connections?
- Scott Rehling: Rhonda, yes, we install the Gobi radios for Wide area coverage through cell. All major carriers will be supported.
(3) Resources and Links from Discussion:
- Mayura Garg: Intel’s LTE announcement: intel.ly/1liDLwI
- Carkeekc: Have you tried the tablet with IO like Google Glass?
- XDAGarwynn: @ carkeekc – You’re going to need interface tools and I don’t think that’s available yet (for glass) … Update to my previous answer for glass: http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/7/5589794/google-glass-livestream-broadcasting-app-launches
- _J_C_C_S_: What is the current penetration of Intel-based tablets in the market and what is projected market size in 2 years?
- Mayura Garg: @J_C_C_S Check out: https://www-ssl.intel.com/p/s/en_US/techprovider/products/tablet
- Gary Swinn: How long do you support/service your tablets for, 5-years, 7-years, or more?
- Scott Rehling: Gary, we support a platform for 4 years after end of life. We do offer advanced replacement and even onsite repair options – http://www.motioncomputing.com/us/support
- Jake Heishman: Scott- is there a wall mount option that we can put the tablet on the wall while charging it? This would help in video conferencing.
- Scott Rehling: @Jake, yes, we offer multiple mounting options for wall, cart, vehicle, etc. … http://www.motioncomputing.com/us/products/accessories
- Daniel Murto: Scott should a Demo be desired who do we contact?
- Scott Rehling: @Daniel- you can contact Motion directly or your reseller for demo program
- @Ben_RFID: Scott -Demo program available in Canada too?
- Scott Rehling: @Ben- yes, Canada too. Canada contact Scott Ball email@example.com
Join us again for #TabletTuesday on June 3, 1 p.m. EDT/ 10 a.m. PDT with Dell’s Ven Tenjarla.
RSVP and participate for a chance to win a one of two Dell Venue 8 Pro* Windows Tablets.
Chat with you soon!