When you reflect on what you’re thankful for this holiday season, do you think technology will be on your mind? Probably not. But maybe it should be. Just consider how our lives – both personally and professionally – are affected by all our tech gadgets. Let alone the fact that we make our livings around them. Technology is ubiquitous, we’re around it all day, every day – we expect it to be present and available.
Now imagine the people in your very own neighborhood who are unable to afford to buy a computer for their homes. This is not a matter of being deprived of angry birds or words with friends. It is a socioeconomic disadvantage for families and especially the children who are just starting out in life. If you have kids, nieces, nephews, grandkids, you know what a tremendous role technology plays in their education. The incredible access to information and knowledge that’s literally at their fingertips, the ability to learn how to effectively communicate, and digitally explore the global village in which we live – those are building blocks that prepare them for the future. Don’t all kids deserve an opportunity? Together, we can help make that happen.
In this season of giving, Intel has teamed up with Tech Goes Home, a small non-profit with a huge heart! Tech Goes Home focuses on tackling barriers to technology adoption and Internet access. With the support of Intel Corporation, Tech Goes Home helps individuals in need learn to use technology to improve their lives. Between now and December 31, Intel® Technology Providers can join Intel and Tech Goes Home in a special initiative, “Tech for Kids”, to put technology in the hands of some children in need.
Be a part of the solution.
By donating your accrued points, you can help fund the new PCs that will help transform these young lives. Here’s how it works:
- Select the Tech Goes Home charity option when you redeem points in the points section of the Intel® Technology Provider website
- Choose from denominations of 100, 500, or 1000 points and select the desired quantity
- Intel will add to your donations via a points matching program or you can donate money via a Intel® Technology Provider Reloadable Visa® Prepaid Card
- You’ll receive a receipt that acknowledges your charitable contribution
- At the end of December, the donations will be tallied and monies used to purchase brand new Ultrabooks™
- Tech Goes Home will deliver the new PCs to kids in need in early February.
It’s easy to get involved. Many of the products you buy are eligible to earn points. I encourage you to look at some really exciting points promotions that make those points add up fast. More points = more to give! Here are a few:
- Up to 5,000 points on your first time purchase of an eligible tablet (Nov. 15 – Dec. 15, 2013)
- Caps increased! Gold Partners can earn up to 50,000 points and Platinum Partners can earn up to 100,000 points (through Dec. 31, 2013)
- 50 points on your first time purchase of qualifying McAfee software, ~50% earning opportunity when compared to cost (through Dec. 31, 2013)
If you’re not an Intel® Technology Provider already, now is the perfect time to join and do something good in the process. Think of the many kids who will be thankful that you did!
All of us here at Intel are thankful for you, our valued partners. We wish you and yours a joyful holiday season.