Internship 2.0

A few weeks back I blogged about my excitement around a project team I was working on. (It’s a good thing to be excited about your job, right?)   Today, I’m thrilled to be able to reveal a bit more detail around what Intel is doing as a result of our CEO’s commitment to double our internship offerings in 2012.  On March 14th, Paul Otellini attended an awesome event at Georgia Tech.  It was part of a big launch of our ‘STAY WITH IT’ campaign aimed at reaching students early in their engineering education and helping them power through those first few years when things can be tough!  In case you missed the event, you can catch up here (oh, and while you are at it, join in the initiative!) or check out our photo gallery from the event.  I’m always amazed at the many paths people take after completing an engineering degree.  In the webcast, you’ll hear from several people in very different roles today – but all of it was made possible because they persevered and completed their studies!  Very motivational, almost makes ME want to go back to school! <almost>

Intel CEO talks about ‘STAY WITH IT’ at the Day of Engineering Event.

OK… so back to the real reason I’m blogging today.  I really want to talk about the 3 sweet new intern programs we are piloting in 2012.  Rather than type on and on about each one, I’d rather have you check out the new web page I put together that covers details of each pilot program as well as provides tons of links and resources to help students all across the country become informed.  I’ve poured blood, sweat and tears (ok, not really…) into putting together this webpage so PRETTY PLEASE visit the site.  I’d love to hear what YOU think about the 3 new initiatives.

We’ve partnered with select Community Colleges and Universities to identify early engineers and implement these 3 new programs in the US.  Our goal is to provide the kind of experience we think it will take to get more students to ‘STAY WITH IT’ and complete their engineering education!  It took some *major* effort, but we finally came up with names for our programs.  :)

1. Intel Collaborators
  2. Intel Ultimate Engineering Experience
  3. University Arch Partnerships

So now that you’ve gone to the website (hint, hint), and become a guru on my work these days, I want to ask you to answer one question for me.  If you were a Freshman, about to enter an engineering program, which of these programs would be most appealing/valuable to you?  Why?  Looking forward to hearing from you!

Oh, and if you are intern eligible and want to join the Intel family this summer, apply here today!  We still have quite a few open internships to fill!

13 Responses to Internship 2.0

1. Craig Pike says:

Two thumbs up! First for the support of young engineers. I know the first couple years are very tough… most students probably came from high school without ever facing a real academic challenge, let alone all the other distractions at college! Lucky for me when I thought about changing I realized there was nothing else I wanted to do! Stick with it! Next thumb up for Intel’s vision of the future. New hires, especially right out of school bring and energy and mindset that’s irreplaceable.

• Tiffany says:

Really appreciate your feedback and enthusiasm. This has been a great project to work on and I love that we are really targeting students that need the most help in this area. Hopefully we see an increase in graduation rates over the next several years as a result!

• bhavana says:

Hello, Regarding internships for MBA’s I have seen one opportunity on Intel website. However, I am one year full time MBA student in San Francisco. Do You have any part time internships or graduate programs/ workstudy programs at INTEL for MBA?

• Tiffany says:

To be totally honest, I believe most of our MBA internships have already been filled. We also don’t offer very many ‘part time’ internships. Most hiring teams are able to secure full time interns and that is the preference. I tried to look a profile for you, but couldn’t find one in my database. Did you not set one up yet?

2. Darma says:

I am student from Japan. I am very interested to do intern at Intel. So since it is US based interns. Do you accept from application outside then US.

• Tiffany says:

Hi there! In the US, we have such a high volume of students here locally that are qualified for our jobs, it’s unlikely we would consider someone outside of the country for roles here. I would recommend you check out what we have open in Japan though! Perhaps we have a local opportunity you can explore. http://www.intel.com/jobs

3. Cathy Carlson says:

I applied today for the internship in Finland for an admin assistant. I graduated with a Master’s in Organizational Leadership in August. Your website says that internships are for all ages. Am I disqualified since I already graduated? Or can you consider me since it is less than 18 months since I got out of school? It also says to put “internship” in the interest line, but where is that? Do I need to modify my application?

• Sejal says:

Hi Cathy, for internships you need to be a student who will be returning to an academic program. Change your search for RCG (recent college graduate) positions. Good luck!

4. Hi Tiffany, I applied back near the end of March for the Intel Ultimate Engineering Experience program and I selected the afternoon session on my application. I looked on the registration site given to me by my professor and emailed my professor in hopes of finding an e-mail to direct this inquiry towards but was unable to find one. I was also unable to find a direct e-mail link to the head of applications to ask them so I hope it does not impose to ask here. I was wondering if I would need to reapply in order to switch my application to the morning session(if selected), and if so, would I need to re do my personal statement? I currently attend San Jose State University studying engineering. Thank you!