The recent silicon photonics avalanche photodetector announcement is an excellent example of how industry and academia, working together, can achieve breakthrough results. Combining the expertise of industry engineers and researchers with the knowledge of universities allows for greater advances.I had the opportunity to talk with Yimin Kang, senior researcher at Intel, and Han-din Liu, a student intern from University of Illinois, in the photonics lab at our Santa Clara site. Here is the video clip of Yimin and Han-din explaining potential applications of the APD.
Connect With Us
- s.mcknight on The Third Eye View
- Qingfeng Zhu on The Third Eye View
- Anil on The Third Eye View
- Olajfestmény on Intel and Stanford Researchers Reveal Peptide Chip Details to Categorize Diseases and Analyze Protein Interactions
- Tony Rivers on Intel and Stanford Researchers Reveal Peptide Chip Details to Categorize Diseases and Analyze Protein Interactions
Tags#IntelR&Dday @idf08 Big Data Cloud Computing Ct CTO energy efficient Future Lab Future Lab Radio HPC IDF IDF2008 IDF 2010 Immersive Connected Experiences innovation Intel Intel Labs Intel Labs Europe Intel Research ISSCC Justin Rattner many core microprocessor mobility multi-core parallel computing parallel programming radio Rattner ray tracing research Research@Intel Research At Intel Day Robotics security silicon silicon photonics software development Stanford technology terascale virtual worlds Wi-Fi WiMAX wireless