Check this video out. These are special effect animations using physical modeling techniques, devloped Prof. Ron Fedkiw’s group at Stanford (see Jerry’s previous blog). Intel collaborates with Ron’s group to parallelize, analyze, and scale the performance of Prof. Fedkiw’s PhysBAM, physical simulation package for present and future Intel multi-core processor platforms.This stuff is used today in hollywood productions — what we want to do with tera-scale is make them run in real time on your PC.
Connect With Us
- s.mcknight on The Third Eye View
- Qingfeng Zhu on The Third Eye View
- Anil on The Third Eye View
- Olajfestmény on Intel and Stanford Researchers Reveal Peptide Chip Details to Categorize Diseases and Analyze Protein Interactions
- Tony Rivers on Intel and Stanford Researchers Reveal Peptide Chip Details to Categorize Diseases and Analyze Protein Interactions
Tags#IntelR&Dday @idf08 Big Data Cloud Computing Ct CTO energy efficient Future Lab Future Lab Radio HPC IDF IDF2008 IDF 2010 Immersive Connected Experiences innovation Intel Intel Labs Intel Labs Europe Intel Research ISSCC Justin Rattner many core microprocessor mobility multi-core parallel computing parallel programming radio Rattner ray tracing research Research@Intel Research At Intel Day Robotics security silicon silicon photonics software development Stanford technology terascale virtual worlds Wi-Fi WiMAX wireless