We are very excited to announce an Intel API management solution that was released today. The Intel® Mashery API Management solution is a composite API platform.
Just creating outstanding APIs is not enough. Intel realized that you need to have a mechanism to communicate, explain, onboard, collaborate, and manage developers. Our API manager provides a composite solution that provides On-Premise and Cloud deployed API portals, and a mechanism to manage your APIs and help with developer on-boarding, registration, portal administration, content management system, community tools and developer enablement tools.
Initially I was going to write a blog about what we do best and how we are different. But I was amazed just looking at the amount of features we released in this version. So I am going to save the story and give you the straight facts below:
As part of our new solution, we provide the following:
- Easily launch a secure website for API partners. Create an online portal, with your look and feel, for enrolling and supporting developer partners.
- Take the hassle out of key management. Make key provisioning a snap, whether you’ve got a few partners or tens of thousands. Issue live keys, or require activation by a moderator.
- Keep partners engaged with reports and tools. Show partner developers how many calls they’re making, which methods they’re using, and more.
- Publish interactive API docs. Developers can execute calls directly from your API documentation.
- Run a support forum and a developer blog. Foster an active developer community with full-featured forum and blogging tools.
- Single Sign-on. Connect to your own identity store so partners don’t have to log in twice
- B.Y.O.P.: Bring Your Own Portal. If you prefer, use Mashery’s API to plug in your own content management system (CMS)
- Third-party Integration. Add outside services–such as billing engines–to your portal using Mashery’s API
- Partner Management. Enable/disable keys & developer permissions
- Built in with Mashery. Never worry about installation or hosting.
- Markdown Compatibility. Let forum users post formatted code samples using the popular Markdown syntax
- Role-based Access Control. Create walled-off content for beta testers and other special partners
- Comment Engine. Allow partners to post comments to your documentation
- API Value Tracking. See how your API drives key performance indicators such as traffic, purchases, and registrations.
- Detailed Activity Reports. View API usage and trends by developer, key, and method.
- Mashery Reporting API. Access all reporting and chart data through an API.
- Reports-only Role. Securely share reports with colleagues outside your API team.
- Partner Monitoring. See all activity for a specific partner or app.
- Latency Measurement. Track response times for your API service and for Mashery
- Load Statistics. See average and peak loads by endpoint over time.
- Data Export. Download reports in CSV format for use in Excel.
- Custom Report Integration. Grab call logs and report data for use in third-party applications
- Manage APIs as products. Tailor API access to suit the needs of your most important customer/partner segments.
- Define API access plans. Create custom access plans (standard, premium, etc.) without any coding.
- Get fine-grained control over resource packaging. Choose which API resources (methods) are included in each plan.
- Create response filters. Strip out response content for a plan without coding.
- Reduce work for IT. Let business-side execs securely package API access.
- Maximize API value. Give business development, marketing, and product management teams the power to negotiate custom API access.
Guess what, built into this solution is a world class API gateway solution (refer to my performance numbers and security certifications blog on this) which includes RESTful service enablement, service orchestration, composition, provisioning, all authentication features, protocol and data format mediation, trust and threat processing, SLA management and API rate limiting.